A man from Rivers State in Nigeria has shared a video on Facebook of a suspect accused of abducting and killing his younger brother. The suspect, Henry Barikui Lucky Deeleh, allegedly kidnapped and buried the victim alive in May 2020. The man’s elder sister also died as a result of the trauma. The suspect has been arrested and is in police custody.
1. Original: “Hi there! How are you? Just wanted to let you know that the meeting has been rescheduled to next week. Hope that works for you. Cheers!”
Rewrite: “Good day! I trust this message finds you well. I would like to inform you that the meeting has been rescheduled to the upcoming week. I sincerely hope this adjustment aligns with your availability. Best regards.”
2. Original: “Hey mate, what’s up? I heard the boss is not happy with our progress. We need to step up our game ASAP!”
Rewrite: “Greetings, my friend. I trust you are in good spirits. It has come to my attention that our superior is dissatisfied with our current level of progress. It is imperative that we promptly enhance our performance.”
3. Original: “Yo, dude! Just wanted to remind you about the party next Friday. Don’t forget to bring some snacks. Catch you later!”
Rewrite: “Hello there, my good sir! Allow me to kindly jog your memory regarding the forthcoming gathering on the following Friday. May I implore you to remember to bring along some delectable refreshments? Until we meet again, take care.”
4. Original: “Hi guys! I’m super excited about the upcoming project. Let’s give it our best shot and make it a huge success!”
Rewrite: “Greetings, esteemed colleagues! I am brimming with enthusiasm regarding the imminent undertaking. May we collectively exert our utmost efforts to ensure its triumphant fruition.”
5. Original: “Hey, can you do me a favor? I need you to cover my shift tomorrow. I owe you one!”
Rewrite: “Pardon me, but could I humbly request a favor? It would be greatly appreciated if you could graciously take over my scheduled shift for tomorrow. I shall be indebted to you for this act of kindness.”.